pqlnognpve

Moderator: Angel

rerebuilder

power issues with HL-P4663w

Post by rerebuilder » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:36 am

i have a hl-p4663w which has had many problems. while under extended warantee it developed a color wheel whine. an appointment is made for 2 weeks later. the technition who serviced it replaced it when the part ordered arrived 3 weeks later, but he claimed the part was correct but wrong as all the colors were now inverted [red=green, etc] after attempting to reset the calibration of the wheel, which failed , he then ordered a light engine assembly with lamp. a further 3 weeks pass until it is installed. the service agreement is allmost out of term. within 2 weeks of the service the set will ocasionally not come on. no flashing lights or lamp indicators another service call is scheduled [another 2 weeks] and when the technition is here the set works fine," so there must be no problem"right? the problem appears to correct itself if the set is unplugged from the wall . at times for as little as 20 minutes but as long as 6 hours to reset whatevers wrong. this is intermittent and will work for a week with no issues then occur every time it is turned off .
what would you recomend i try to fix this?
i have replaced the convergence chips in a toshiba so component repair is possible
thank you in advance

darkart77
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Re: power issues with HL-P4663w

Post by darkart77 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:12 pm

This ia definitely a strange case. Im going to concur with the tech guys here. Keep posted for an answer in the next day or so..

AmyfUp
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

pqlnognpve

Post by AmyfUp » Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:23 pm

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”