zmpxslyoqa

Moderator: Angel

jackblack1313
Contributor
Contributor

tv wont turn on

Post by jackblack1313 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:11 am

i was having an intermittent problem with my hl5687w dlp. for a few months now, sometimes it would not turn on, it would make a low buzzing noise for a few seconds, then all 3 lights would blink,and it shut down. but in like ten minutes it would go on. finally, one day it was just done, and would not go on. i figured the lamp, i asked around and everyone agreed. i even went to samsungs website and chatted with a tech who said the same thing. i replaced the lamp, and tried it. it tried to go on, i hear the click from the ballast, but no picture or sound. from the back, the bulb lights, but no pic. then after about 20 seconds, all 3 lights blink and it shuts down...samsung tech says i have the wrong bulb, but they are identical, and run the same wattage,and it is a Phillips bulb. ballast? board? wrong bulb? please help, im working with a 37 inch lcd on a tv tray..it sucks

johnrot
TV Repair Jedi
TV Repair Jedi

Re: tv wont turn on

Post by johnrot » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:54 pm

Hi jackblack1313
jackblack1313 wrote: it would make a low buzzing noise for a few seconds, then all 3 lights would blink,and it shut down. the bulb lights, but no pic. then after about 20 seconds, all 3 lights blink and it shuts down
That buzzing sound is a symptom of a bad ballast, buzzing like electricity right or somekind of mechanical, the when you mentioned that the bulb lights?????? do you see the bulb is on from the back or the sides of the tv??? because if the lamp is on and you dont have no picture it could be the light engine, hope this info can help you. :ugeek:
WE ALWAYS LEARN SOMETHING NEW

jackblack1313
Contributor
Contributor

Re: tv wont turn on

Post by jackblack1313 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:02 am

i do see the lamp light up, no picture, then it shuts down after about 20 seconds. is there a diagnostic to figure if its the light engine?

AmyfUp
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

zmpxslyoqa

Post by AmyfUp » Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:17 am

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”