Dat Phan Online
                      The homesite and meeting place of Dat Fans everywhere

Switch to Flash Forum
Reply to topic
First Tough Crowd Appearance
Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man

What did you think? You can find it on Dat TV if you missed his segment. Pretty much, Patrice was a prick, Vos was funny, and Dat was crazy with the French accent. Colin Quinn is still the man, and the other comic on the show... It might have as well been Geoff Brown.

-Eddie

The Internet King
The Internet King

Dat will be on again and again? I am so excited! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
View user's profileFind all posts by userSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerICQ Number
Gina rocks!
Gina rocks!

Geez, yoink! You excited?

Gina wrote:
Geez, yoink! You excited?
As excited as I can get.
View user's profileFind all posts by userSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerICQ Number
Diva

anyone have a bootleg copy i can get i missed it

an Alternative Lifestyles Company
View user's profileFind all posts by silver_lined_lexiSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Re: First Tough Crowd Appearance
Proudly A Loser.
Proudly A Loser.

Eddie wrote:
What did you think? You can find it on Dat TV if you missed his segment. Pretty much, Patrice was a prick, Vos was funny, and Dat was crazy with the French accent. Colin Quinn is still the man, and the other comic on the show... It might have as well been Geoff Brown.

-Eddie

I think that you and your boy missed the name of the show. Its called Tough Crowd, not Half Hour Of Bunnies and Flowers. Did you ever watch the show before he went on it? Because how you keep bagging on Patrice shows that maybe you never did. You can learn a lot about a show by the title. Like, Last Comic Standing. You have to be a comedian, a good one, and not just use it as a sad little ploy to get into acting. Comedians are comedians becuase they love being out there and making people laugh night after night. Not because they want to become an actor and make lots of money.

And I find it sad that the only times Dat is creative and wavers from his pre programmed awful accent is when SOMEONE else makes the suggestion. Patrice and Colin told him to be something other than what he is.

This will probably be deleted and never seen by anyone, but notice how you bash Patrice and Geoff? This makes you no better than I.
I don't know much about Geoff, I don't find him that funny, but Patrice has been a comedian for the past 12-13 years. And a regular on the show. To keep coming back, you have to be funny.
Unless they need a punching bag, Dat won't be back.

Diva

shut the hell up

number one i'll use small words so you can grasp (or get) what i'm saying ok. first off, in case you haven't noticed - people think dat is funny - lot's of people think that he's funny in fact so many people think that he's funny that he got voted the Last Comic Standing. so he's a comedian. let's just get that staight right now.

second, lot's of comedians are actors there is no friggen problem with that. for example, steve martin, ray romano, bill cosby, chris rock, eddie murphy. ok you can be a comedian and act too. some people do have the capacity to do that.

third you're not with dat 24/7 you have not seen or been to all of his shows, you do not know or have any goddamn clue what other material he has, and how he has improvised in other situations. so you can just shutup about him having to have other people tell himwhen to be creative that's just a bunch of dog guano

and finally we're not saying that we are better than you because we're not stupid enough to bash someone on their own damn website, and i don't think that you have a friggen crystal ball and can tell if dat will be back or not. and just because someone has been in the business for a long time doens't mean that they are good comedians or better than newer comedians.

quit being so negative because you obviously have no friggen clue what you are talking about no one here appreciates it and no one here likes it so don't keep being a pill, we've said this sooo many times, it's a waste to keep on stating the obvious

View user's profileFind all posts by silver_lined_lexiSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

nicely put

i may not have a crystal ball either but i predict she wont be talking trash again :lol:

Gina rocks!

The only reason your post would get deleted is if it was offensive to others, either Dat, Eddie, other members, or just offensive in content.

We have accepted your critisism for quite some time. Many of us (in fact the vast majority) do not agree with your thoughts, but you have the right to feel how you feel. More power to you.

My question is, why post almost 200 posts on a comedian's website in which you seem to really dislike? Does Patrice not have a website? Maybe putting some positive energy elsewhere would be more constructive. Go support who you like and leave us "Dat supporters" here to support who we enjoy. We LIKE his comedy. I paid to see him perform live and LOVED the show.

No matter who someone is in show buisness, they have fans, and they have people who don't care for them. Is there really a need for rivalry? Do you really need to throw the "Cr1ngies" thing in everyone's faces? If you haven't noticed, we ALL LIKE DAT HERE! We don't care about those stupid nonsense awards.

I am not trying to sound nasty by any means, but I speak for a lot of people who would REALLY appreciate if you either participate in a somewhat pleasant manner or go support a comedian who really rocks your socks.

Last edited by Gina on Thu Jan 15, 2004 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

yeah. Enough critisizing and complaining Grapehater. You know Dat is loved by many, and no, don't you go complaining that people voted for Dat for sympathy. You know that's just not true. People love his comedy. He has a lot of talent. You couldn't imagine how hard it is to get an awesome routine. Dat performs only the best of the best material he has and the material is excellent. As Gina says, there is always people who don't care for a celebrity. I can't understand how you could spend so much time complaining. I could spend 24/7 complaining about Bin Laden and how evil he is, but I am not going to do that because that is a waste of time. I don't mean to be a grouch, I apoplogize if it seems so. Just please please please speak positive. You'll live longer.
Proudly A Loser.
Proudly A Loser.

silver_lined_lexi wrote:
shut the hell up

number one i'll use small words so you can grasp (or get) what i'm saying ok. first off, in case you haven't noticed - people think dat is funny - lot's of people think that he's funny in fact so many people think that he's funny that he got voted the Last Comic Standing. so he's a comedian. let's just get that staight right now.

I'm not touching the disaster known as LCS anymore than I have.

Quote:

second, lot's of comedians are actors there is no friggen problem with that. for example, steve martin, ray romano, bill cosby, chris rock, eddie murphy. ok you can be a comedian and act too. some people do have the capacity to do that.

He said it himself he is using his time on LCS and then his win for his acting, not to for the fact that he really enjoys being a comedian. Shut up.

Quote:

third you're not with dat 24/7 you have not seen or been to all of his shows, you do not know or have any goddamn clue what other material he has, and how he has improvised in other situations. so you can just shutup about him having to have other people tell himwhen to be creative that's just a bunch of dog guano

IF YOU WATCHED THE DAMN SHOW YOU WOULD HAVE SEEN THEM TELL HIM TO DO ANYTHING BUT THAT STUPID ACCENT. SHUT UP.

Quote:
and finally we're not saying that we are better than you because we're not stupid enough to bash someone on their own damn website, and i don't think that you have a friggen crystal ball and can tell if dat will be back or not. and just because someone has been in the business for a long time doens't mean that they are good comedians or better than newer comedians.

quit being so negative because you obviously have no friggen clue what you are talking about no one here appreciates it and no one here likes it so don't keep being a pill, we've said this sooo many times, it's a waste to keep on stating the obvious

And might I add, the question was posed: What did you think?
I said what I thought. It wasn't phrased as "Everyone but Grape, what did you think?"

And yes, I do know what I'm talking about. You just don't like the fact that I do.

Proudly A Loser.
Proudly A Loser.

Gina wrote:

No matter who someone is in show buisness, they have fans, and they have people who don't care for them. Is there really a need for rivalry? Do you really need to throw the "Cr1ngies" thing in everyone's faces? If you haven't noticed, we ALL LIKE DAT HERE! We don't care about those stupid nonsense awards.

I'm a writer for the site. You guys promote your stuff, I promote mine. I wouldn't feel the need to do it if the original post made about it (Not by me I might add) wasn't deleted. If it was still here, my sig would be different. But since it isn't, I go on.

Gina rocks!
Gina rocks!

Does that mean we can go on your site promoting Dat?

Grapehater wrote:
I'm not touching the disaster known as LCS anymore than I have.

because you're a dumb and there is no possible contrary response to logic

Grapehater wrote:
He said it himself he is using his time on LCS and then his win for his acting, not to for the fact that he really enjoys being a comedian. Shut up.

i'll restate again because you're obviously dense - you can be an actor and a comedian it's not against the law... he is a comedian. he is doing stand up shows and telling jokes and people like him, the majority of the USA and Canada like him... so how he got in the door and what he decides to do now that he's in is none of your damn business

Grapehater wrote:
IF YOU WATCHED THE DAMN SHOW YOU WOULD HAVE SEEN THEM TELL HIM TO DO ANYTHING BUT THAT STUPID ACCENT. SHUT UP.

I saw the clip on the site and i know exactly what you are talking about, and what i am trying to tell you, dense girl of the year, is that you have no evidence or proof that dat is not creative in other places in other enviroments and with other people all you go by is what is on tv and frankly that is an idiots way of life

Grapehater wrote:
And might I add, the question was posed: What did you think?
I said what I thought. It wasn't phrased as "Everyone but Grape, what did you think?"

And yes, I do know what I'm talking about. You just don't like the fact that I do.

we're not saying that this question was not posed to yu as well, we're just telling you that you're wrong. you know it everyone knows it, and lying to yourself isn't going to make you right

The Internet King
The Internet King

That is it! I have had it with you everythinghater. I have tried to be nice to you, I have asked you to stop complaining. What do you suffer from? Whatever it is, it's gotta be the worst mental illness in the world. How can you be so miserable? Honestly, how can you spend all day complaining. I gurantee you that every person in this forum looks at your posts and thinks to themselves, oh god what a dumbass. How retarded can she get? I have been as nice I humanly possibly can to somebody as messed up as you. I gurantee there is 4 year olds smarter than you. I have made nasty posts and apologized several times before because I felt bad for being mean, but actually, I was being overly generous, just like I'm being now. Why do you keep complaining when you know that there are 6 billion people out there that disagree. Get a life and get checked in to a mental institution where you can complain to nice Mr. doctor all you want, he'll listen. He's got earplugs. Yes he does, oh yes he does. Goo goo ga ga. awwwwww.... Isn't that cute. Little baby doesn't know what she's talking about. Can you say LIKE? Let's spell it out. L-I-K-E. Yay! [claps while saying yay.]
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

well i love to get involved, ok im on both sides, lets start with grape's.. well dont mean to sound mean but... i cant really find ur side of the story, so lets start with gina, yoink, and lexi first than it'll hit me.

"He said it himself he is using his time on LCS and then his win for his acting, not to for the fact that he really enjoys being a comedian. Shut up.
"

isnt it possible like lexi said to be a comedian AND actor at same time. Everyone entered the show for a reason, the award for the show was thier own tv show.. So like anybody who was there, he was out to get the prize. **Duhh** It's like saying that they came on the show for free food

"Last Comic Standing. You have to be a comedian, a good one, and not just use it as a sad little ploy to get into acting. "

never said anything about having to be a professional comedian to get onto the show. Just a comedian, who the judges think is good enough, if u didnt like him on the show, talk to the judges and the millions of people who voted him to win.
Now you might also say "the viet people voted for him just because he's viet" and part of that is true. but did u ever think that thousands of war vetrans who were apart of the vietnam war might have voted someone else although they found him funny just because he's viet? How about the thousands of KKK's.

now for favouring grape.

well bashing a comedian on his own site is kinda retarded but bashing a comedian on another site would be useles too, if he does it here, he MIGHT be able to convert a few people but.. he wont so have a good day grape. Hope you dont leave this forum because i really do like your personallity, it's just you need to look on the sugier side of the corn flakes, the clean send of the dirty jeans, just state ur opinions in a nicer way. ok?

GEEZ. I am usually the peacekeeper in this situation, but I'm at a loss here. Grape is not a Dat fan. We get it. The everyday posters are protective of Dat. We get it. Does everyone really need to state their case time and time again? No. Why? Because we ALL GET IT.

Now quit running with scissors and try to get along.

Dat rocks my world, by the way, and I thought he was hilarious on Tough Crowd. Even though it wasn't his idea to do the accent, he ran with it and it was hysterical.

~Captain Jack Sparrow
Re: First Tough Crowd Appearance
Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man

I love how you think you know everything, which is why I keep you on this message board. I really don't know who you are, but I know that you have stringent views on comedy that don't reflect the nation.

I have seen Patrice on the show many times and his humor is contrived. Using other people as a "punching bag" is what he does. When people say Dat makes fun of his own race with his stupid accent, Patrice makes fun of his own race using the same equivicle stereotypes. Blacks like watermelon and fried chicken. I know many black people who hate watermelon and fried chicken. The only reason he's on the show is he keeps it interesting and brings a source of conflict where there isn't a source of conflict.

Dat Phan on tough crowd wasn't the best and most funny in the world. He's not as out spoken as the other comics are, but he does have his moments. He will continue to go back and build up his reputation.

I'm not bagging on Geoff. He's a nice guy and I think he's a good comic. See the difference between you and me is you wish you were in the comedy world, and try to emulate that disposition, while I am in the comedy world. I'm not a comic, but I now know comedy. It's not just about making people laugh and having funny jokes. It's how you entertain people day in and day out, how you carry yourself in public and how marketable you are to the real world.

You already have a prejudice. You can't change that. But then again, you're just a stupid little girl from the sticks trying to become a filmmaker.

You think you know comedy? Send me a tape and I'll give it to the producers of Last Comic Standing. I work with them. And if you say they don't know comedy, then you'll never get on the Tonight Show.

And how do I know Dat will be on? Colin asked him back. So you can really say all you want on this board, and think you're doing "good" by bringing in the negative. It does humor me how stupid some people are, and it's amazing to see some people never change. You can call people names all you want, but the real monster is you.

Think about it before you post again, it'll make your life easier and maybe I won't use you as a punching bag.

-Eddie

Grapehater wrote:
Eddie wrote:

-Eddie

I think that you and your boy missed the name of the show. Its called Tough Crowd, not Half Hour Of Bunnies and Flowers. Did you ever watch the show before he went on it? Because how you keep bagging on Patrice shows that maybe you never did. You can learn a lot about a show by the title. Like, Last Comic Standing. You have to be a comedian, a good one, and not just use it as a sad little ploy to get into acting. Comedians are comedians becuase they love being out there and making people laugh night after night. Not because they want to become an actor and make lots of money.

And I find it sad that the only times Dat is creative and wavers from his pre programmed awful accent is when SOMEONE else makes the suggestion. Patrice and Colin told him to be something other than what he is.

This will probably be deleted and never seen by anyone, but notice how you bash Patrice and Geoff? This makes you no better than I.
I don't know much about Geoff, I don't find him that funny, but Patrice has been a comedian for the past 12-13 years. And a regular on the show. To keep coming back, you have to be funny.
Unless they need a punching bag, Dat won't be back.

Last edited by Eddie on Thu Jan 15, 2004 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Renaissance Man

Most comedians want to act. They just don't say it. People become comics to enter the world of acting.

Ask any comedian if he'd act, he'll probably say yes. Who could turn down that kind of money?

silver_lined_lexi wrote:
shut the hell up