Dat Phan Online
                      The homesite and meeting place of Dat Fans everywhere

Switch to Flash Forum
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jediism is a legit religion; Wha??
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

Yes, yes, I know all. This is Really, REALLY old news, but aparently they had a census in the UK, Australia, and here in Canada asking peoples religion. As a joke, for the most part, people put "Jedi" as their faith. According to the census over 600 000 people in each of those countries are Jedi by faith.

And yes, this isn't a joke. They even have their own website! www.jediism.org

I find this very ludicrous and redundant. If you're a true star wars fan, and do lots of research on religion, you'll notice that "Jediism" is almost the exact mirror religion to that of a much older, 2000 year old religion (IE: Taoism). Although 'the force' may differ a lot from religious taoism, it's the spitting image of philosophical taoism.

You know; It would be pretty cool to tell people you're a Jedi and MEAN it..... either that, or I'm too geeky.

Gina rocks!
Gina rocks!

I'm agnostic.

Same here, Gina; Same here.

Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

Well, if scientology is a religion, anything can be.

(And in case anyone cares, I'm a secular humanist.)
View user's profileFind all posts by volantSend private messageSend e-mailAIM Address
The Internet King
The Internet King

Wow, a lot of very unreligious people here. Well I guess science has way more evidence of being correct. Less and less people are religious these days. Modern technology is proving a lot of beliefs and customs to not be accurate.
View user's profileFind all posts by userSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerICQ Number
Gina rocks!
Gina rocks!

I need proof of something to believe...but that's just me.

yoink78 wrote:
Wow, a lot of very unreligious people here. Well I guess science has way more evidence of being correct. Less and less people are religious these days. Modern technology is proving a lot of beliefs and customs to not be accurate.

Actually yoink, belief in God has gone up in recent years, and so has belief in "new age" stuff. You'd be surprised how many people believe odd stuff(not that believing in God is odd), like at one time dinosaurs and humans co-existed, telepathy, or that our universe is 6,000 years old...
View user's profileFind all posts by volantSend private messageSend e-mailAIM Address
Dat Phanaholic

Is it just me or does Volant look like hes smoking, but really isn't?
View user's profileFind all posts by VuongSend private messageSend e-mailAIM AddressYahoo Messenger
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

is it just me or does volent look like he's a male dancer/singer from the 50's

The Internet King

volant wrote:
yoink78 wrote:

Actually yoink, belief in God has gone up in recent years, and so has belief in "new age" stuff. You'd be surprised how many people believe odd stuff(not that believing in God is odd), like at one time dinosaurs and humans co-existed, telepathy, or that our universe is 6,000 years old...
I guess your right. There is quite a few crazy religions and all kinds of outrageous cults.
View user's profileFind all posts by userSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerICQ Number
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

yoink78 wrote:
volant wrote:
yoink78 wrote:

I guess your right. There is quite a few crazy religions and all kinds of outrageous cults.

i dont believe in god..

Vuong wrote:

Thats the look I was going for, eh.

Viet_Huy wrote:
is it just me or does volant look like he's a male dancer/singer from the 50's

Eh? I think it is just you eh.
Diva

volant is our handsome gregory peck looking hot hispanic guy
um...yeah

an Alternative Lifestyles Company
View user's profileFind all posts by silver_lined_lexiSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

volant wrote:
Vuong wrote:

Thats the look I was going for, eh.

Viet_Huy wrote:
is it just me or does volant look like he's a male dancer/singer from the 50's

Eh? I think it is just you eh.

i change my mind... volant looks like a german soldier, and the photo is like 50yrs old and we're looking at it because his grand daughter showed up... i think this one is just me too.... mybe if the picture had real colours i'd stop thinking that ur from gthe 50's

Evil or Very Mad
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

u look middle aged now.. lol sorry i mean u look like an angel :P

vol - when was that pic taken you look younger than me and i am way younger than you! love the angel though...

an Alternative Lifestyles Company
View user's profileFind all posts by silver_lined_lexiSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Jediism is a legit religion; Wha??