Dat Phan Online
                      The homesite and meeting place of Dat Fans everywhere

Switch to Flash Forum
Reply to topic
Why have this section?
Dat Phantastic!

If he has a small part in this movie, why make a whole section dedicated about? It's just bound to waste away. It would be different if he starred or something, but Hollywood won't put an Asian male opposite Kim Bassinger.

YEAH, I SAID IT!

The Internet King
The Internet King

bigPhan wrote:
If he has a small part in this movie, why make a whole section dedicated about? It's just bound to waste away. It would be different if he starred or something, but Hollywood won't put an Asian male opposite Kim Bassinger.

YEAH, I SAID IT!
Well actually, Dat is one of the top credited actors in the film, so he will play a recognized role. And I think that is quite offensive saying that they would never put male/female opposites of different races together. There have been many big Hollywood hits where this has happened. For example, Showdown in Little Tokyo or even Austin Powers 3 for crying out loud.
View user's profileFind all posts by userSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerICQ Number
Delicious Monster
Delicious Monster

also, since this IS Dat's website, and it IS his first big movie, of course there is an entire thread on it!

Twas a joke my monkey friend, a simple, albeit bad, joke...

Delicious Monster

sorry, with so many haters popping up, sometimes jokes go over my head!

The Internet King

bigPhan wrote:
Twas a joke my monkey friend, a simple, albeit bad, joke...
OK. Sorry if I got too rude. Adam Sandler's first movie role was a role just like this, and just a year or two after it, he got the starring role of a movie! And obviously has since been the star of many, many movies! Very Happy
View user's profileFind all posts by userSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerICQ Number
Dat Phabulous

They probabaly wouldn't put male/female opposites of different races together, but they should because asians are great actors. We can do more than just being tourist and bad drivers. We can also do karate.
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

If Dat became an action star like Brandon Lee, he would be placed with white women left and right.

Sensei Ern
View user's profileFind all posts by senseiernSend private messageVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Delicious Monster
Delicious Monster

his asianness doesn't stop him from being with white girls now!

I totally agree, but for some reason, in the hotbed of political correctness of Hollywood, they think that people don't think they should be together unless it is a martial arts movie.

Sensei Ern
View user's profileFind all posts by senseiernSend private messageVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Delicious Monster
Delicious Monster

oh. don't tell Dat that.

WHat do you mean? I totally agree that race should play no part in how two people interact.

Sensei Ern
Delicious Monster
Delicious Monster

I'll PM you.

Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man

yoink78 wrote:
bigPhan wrote:

YEAH, I SAID IT!
Well actually, Dat is one of the top credited actors in the film, so he will play a recognized role. And I think that is quite offensive saying that they would never put male/female opposites of different races together. There have been many big Hollywood hits where this has happened. For example, Showdown in Little Tokyo or even Austin Powers 3 for crying out loud.

Don't forget Big Trouble in Little China!

Yeah, Eddie and Gracie.

"If we aren't back in 5 hours, call the President."

Sensei Ern
Dat Phantastic!

Lo Pan.