Dat Phan Online
                      The homesite and meeting place of Dat Fans everywhere

Switch to Flash Forum
Reply to topic
Dat Phan: California State University of Long Beach-10/16/03
Dat Fan Newbie

There was a long line to see Dat Phan!!! The show began about 15 minutes late then it was announced in the flyer, but it was worth the wait. Our radio host first introduced an improv group to warm up the audience for Dat Phan. They were so funny that their were rumors that Dat Phan was cracking up back stage. After that, Dat Phan came on the stage with his same old materials, but introduced new materials that I haven't heard before. He was still so hilarious that I was rolling in my chair laughing. After he finished, he showed us a reel from "Last Comic Standing". It showed when the comics of the house was playing a trick on him by playing hide-and-seek and made him hide for almost an hour. Before, he said he was so embarrassed about that, that he left the room. When that was over, he answered questions for 45 minutes with questions about "Last Comic Standing" and his background. When he was done, then their was a final performance by the improv group, Insult To Injury. The whole show lasted about 3 hours and Dat Phan gladly signed autographs and took pictures.
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

what a great guy...... u get his autograph?

Gina rocks!

See...nice stories like that make me SO ANXIOUS to have the opportunity to see Dat perform live. Smile

Viet_Huy wrote:
what a great guy...... u get his autograph?

Yup, yup, I got his autograph, he joked that before, it was worth nothing, but now................ LOL Very Happy
Dat Phan: California State University of Long Beach-10/16/03