ihwgfdmn

Moderator: Angel

jbolt128

TV has sound but no picture

Post by jbolt128 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:47 am

Make: Mitsubishi

Model: WD-60735

DLP - High-Definition Television

Purchased TV in 2008, On December 22, 2010 I had to replace the lamp with a new one that I ordered from Mitsubishi. After replacing the lamp the television worked great.

Today, December 28 (six days later), I turn the television on and what I get is sound but a black screen. This last for approx. 30 seconds then the television shuts off. Turn television back on still sound but no picture, then approx. 30 seconds later the television shuts off, this time with the red lamp light on.

I press system reset, try again, same results.

Then I checked the error code and got a 66 and from what I understand this is a lamp error meaning no lamp inserted, disconnected cable between ballast and lamp, or there is a problem with the lamp enable signal.

I wait an hour, take out the lamp, inspect it, see nothing wrong, replace it, try again, same results.

At this point, I am stumped on what I should do next. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jerry

SrMerlyn
Master Technician
Master Technician

Re: TV has sound but no picture

Post by SrMerlyn » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:39 pm

It's really uncommon for these lamps to fail so soon, but not impossible. If the lamp is covered under a warranty I would send it back to Mitsubishi and get a new one. If the replacement still doesn't work then you would definitely know it's not a lamp problem. Do you hear any strange noises coming from the TV? Another common problem with Mitsubishi DLPs is the ballast. If that is bad you might hear an electronic buzzing sound or repeated clicking noise when you power on the TV. I’ve purchased ballasts from discount merchant for only $65 and it something you can replace yourself.

Wimlok
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

ihwgfdmn

Post by Wimlok » Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:44 pm

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”