bukimtzd

Moderator: Angel

marketprep
Contributor
Contributor

HL61A650 Problem after already trying bulb

Post by marketprep » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:24 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCPCvrSyyGo

See this video I have the exact same problem. I've replaced my bulb from DM within the last 3 months. I've cleaned the inside of my machine. I've checked that the gate is closed. I've reset my timer. I've walked through the full sequence described here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19 only to fail at Ballast powering up the Bulb. I repeat the bulb does not power up. I have no strange noises coming from the color wheel, and I've inspected it and its fine. The ballast does attempt to fire and I see the small LED on the ballast flicker like in the video and then nothing.

Is this more of a capacitor blown on the power supply or on the ballast?

Seems like very few people are knowledgeable about the HL##A Series here... any responses would be great.

MP

marketprep
Contributor
Contributor

Re: HL61A650 Problem after already trying bulb

Post by marketprep » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:58 am

Bump... Surely someone know's what is going on or should I just say that DM gave me a faulty bulb?

marketprep
Contributor
Contributor

Post by marketprep » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:00 am

On the off chance that it was the Ballast I purchased one... Wrong. Everything still goes in sequence till firing the lamp and the lamp will not fire. Is this a Lamp issue, I've inspected the lamp and it looks fine. It has probably got less than 500 hrs on it. What else could be the problem???

SrMerlyn
Master Technician
Master Technician

Post by SrMerlyn » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:16 pm

Is the lamp still covered under warranty? Maybe they can check it for you. If it's not the lamp it might something serious like the DMD board.

Wimlok
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

bukimtzd

Post by Wimlok » Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:02 am

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”