lxnpdunm

Moderator: Angel

stevec

Picture Quality

Post by stevec » Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:48 pm

Have a HLS6187WX/XAA that after a couple of moves has developed a wierd picture quality. There seems to be an area about 2 inches high running horizontally accross the entire screen at the bottom that looks like dust particles. The picture also appears to have alot of what I'll call "solarazation" or haloing type effects. the unit has never been serviced. Should I replace the lamp, open it up and blow it out, or just call a service tech? Don't want to spend money on manuals, etc. and end up breaking something else. If it something easy I'll try it, or if there are some quick things that a relative amatuer can do, please let me know. The TV is great otherwise and is my son's main xBox system so it gets a ton of use.

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Picture Quality

Post by grayfox » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:46 pm

I think the light engine might have been shifted out of focus during the moves. If you can carefully open the back shell and visually inspect to see that the light engine (that is the complete block holding the projector lens) is centered and there are no marks of it moving out of its place, since a simple millimeter can show over an inch in effect on your display.
ImageUnit Foxhound

Wimlok
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

lxnpdunm

Post by Wimlok » Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:33 am

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”