huojmloo

Moderator: Angel

PAKid
Contributor
Contributor

"Buzzing" sound on Samsung HL-P5063W

Post by PAKid » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:59 pm

Hello all,

First post to the forum, nice to see such an active DLP community out there!

Ok, so here's my situaiton... I have a 5yr old Samsung HL-P5063W TV, and just replaced the lamp for the very first time. Actually did a full lamp/housing replacement (BP96-00826A) using a Philips lamp, and everything went perfect with the replacement. Picture quality is better then I've seen in years, and installation was quite easy. The old lamp literally exploded into bits (and sounded like a firecracker went off inside the TV) -- but from my reading I'm guessing this somewhat of a common occurrence when the lamps finally die.

So right around the same time that the lamp was finally getting ready to die, the TV would start buzzing loudly from what sounded like a spinning part. The only real "solution" I could do for the buzzing was to power down the TV, at which point you could very clearly hear the spinning part slowing down and eventually stop spinning and the noise would subside. With my limited knowledge of the inner workings of the TV, I simply figured this buzzing sound went hand in hand with the fact that the lamp was needing replacing soon.

So here it is, two weeks after a new lamp has been installed, and as previously mentioned picture quality is perfect. However, I am still getting the buzzing sound on occasion - at which point I have to power the TV down for a period of time to correct the issue. When I power back up, sound is gone. I also realize from reading a bit here on the forum that constant powering on/off is horrible for the lamp, so I'm trying my hardest to not keep power cycling the TV as often.

Any insight as to what's causing this buzzing, and would would have to be replaced to correct it? Is this a color wheel issue, or would it be more likely to be a fan that needs replacing? My initial thought was color wheel simply because I know it's a spinning part, but with no visible issues with picture quality I'm thinking maybe that's not the case.

Any/all help is greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,
Kevin G.

PAKid
Contributor
Contributor

Re: "Buzzing" sound on Samsung HL-P5063W

Post by PAKid » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:33 pm

Just a reply to my own post here... I did a lot more reading on this issue after having searched the forum and google. I'm about 99% sure that this issue is the color wheel after having read many similar problems. So I went ahead and ordered up a new color wheel assembly (BP96-00674A). Was just really weird timing with the lamp dying on me at nearly exactly the same time.

I'll post back after I receive and install the new color wheel....

techmaster
Contributor
Contributor

Post by techmaster » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:42 pm

Yes, the color wheel is a very common problem with the description you posted!
Good luck with your repair!

Bill H
"Techmaster"

Plasma, LCD, LED, Projection & DLP PARTS SOURCE

For hard to find parts, great prices and over 25yrs of
experience in the Tv Repair Industry...search here
first!

http://www.TvPartsPlus.com

Zteduh
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Zteduh » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:00 pm

I have the same type of occasional buzzing even after my lamp replacement. Picture is not affected so I was not planning on doing anything but I am interested in if the color wheel replacement helps your situation.

Joe

Wimlok
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

huojmloo

Post by Wimlok » Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:55 am

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”