ljwiqenh

Moderator: Angel

iamtopher34
Contributor
Contributor

hate my tv

Post by iamtopher34 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:46 pm

this is a long story but to make it short I replaced the lamp about a year ago the colorwheel went out this summer and a bit after that the picture went to crap looked cartoonish, paint by numbers but would still work most of the time and with how little money I have right now it was watchable but it kept getting worse where the picture would be mostly greens and purples and would start scanning from one side to the other and
picture would turn off now I can get it to come on for a min or two before the picture gets crazy and you can't see what's on and then black so I have to unplug it wait a bit turn it on and sometimes it will make that clicky wheerly sound fire the lamp and no picture but lamp is on most of the time I get no sounds like it is firing the lamp but I can hear what's on tv is it the colorwheel? ballast dmd board what do I do I can't get a new tv? the only Internet I have is my phone it won't let me post pictures but I could email them to anyone wanting to help I sent DM a MSG and will post if I hear back from them thank you for any help

iamtopher34
Contributor
Contributor

Re: hate my tv

Post by iamtopher34 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:21 pm

so like allways DM got back to me realy fast said it was most likely the light engien or the dmd board anyone else have some input befor I make up my mind

iamtopher34
Contributor
Contributor

Re: hate my tv

Post by iamtopher34 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:53 pm

so I'm at a loss for words my tv has been messed for a few
months and dead for a week so I pulled it apart to check boards for bad caps or to check for a burnt smell I found nothing was kinda freaked out by taking the dmd board off but did anyway but I put it back together pluged it in and bam it works
I hit the power switch it went off and came back on and is working better then it has in a while I hope it stays working if it dies again I will keep ya posted
and if I have to change the dmd I will take pics

Wimlok
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

ljwiqenh

Post by Wimlok » Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:02 pm

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”