nflkyolt

Moderator: Angel

xxxtglxxx
Contributor
Contributor

Samsung SP50 L6HX DLP

Post by xxxtglxxx » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:27 pm

Hi there,

I have trawled lots of posts on this board trying to avoid wasting anyones time with a duplicate problem, but its now fried my brain! :D LOL

I was looking for something relevant to my model number, but now I am thinking maybe its a UK prefix?

Anyway, above tv is over 3 yrs old, and had developed recently increasingly loud fan noises. It progressed over 3 weeks to an intolerable level, so in a humph I turned it off yesterday, (I thought to let it cool down) and now its dead!! :o

Now when we switch on we get the click, and then the green lamp light flashes for about 30 seconds before the 'angry face' of 3 lights. They just flash.

My husband had the back off to clean the fans when we first noticed the noise, but it didnt fix it. After reading many of the responses on this forum we are guessing that the colour wheel is the problem? The parts in the UK are quite expensive, so without jumping headfirst into buying a colour wheel or lamp I was looking for some reassurance or advice that its probably the case, and is kind of straightforward? And also, as I cant find our model number anywhere on this forum what model number is it alternatively known as? :)

And are there any 'reputable' dealers in the UK?

Many thanks if someone has time to reply.

Angel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Samsung SP50 L6HX DLP

Post by Angel » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:21 pm

xxxtglxxx wrote:Hi there,

I have trawled lots of posts on this board trying to avoid wasting anyones time with a duplicate problem, but its now fried my brain! :D LOL

I was looking for something relevant to my model number, but now I am thinking maybe its a UK prefix?

Anyway, above tv is over 3 yrs old, and had developed recently increasingly loud fan noises. It progressed over 3 weeks to an intolerable level, so in a humph I turned it off yesterday, (I thought to let it cool down) and now its dead!! :o

Now when we switch on we get the click, and then the green lamp light flashes for about 30 seconds before the 'angry face' of 3 lights. They just flash.

My husband had the back off to clean the fans when we first noticed the noise, but it didnt fix it. After reading many of the responses on this forum we are guessing that the colour wheel is the problem? The parts in the UK are quite expensive, so without jumping headfirst into buying a colour wheel or lamp I was looking for some reassurance or advice that its probably the case, and is kind of straightforward? And also, as I cant find our model number anywhere on this forum what model number is it alternatively known as? :)

And are there any 'reputable' dealers in the UK?

Many thanks if someone has time to reply.

Hi xxxtglxxx.

When the TV doesn't turn on and you have the 3 LEDs on the front blinking there are a few possibilities:

1. You need a new lamp (in your case is the BP96-01073A). This is the most common problem when you don't hear any noise coming from the TV.

2. If you've just replaced the lamp but it doesn't work and there are no noises then most probably you need to reset the lamp hours meter.

3. If you hear a sequence of clicks the problem is most probably the ballast.

4. If you have a winding, whirling, spinning or buzzing noise the problem is most probably the color wheel.

In your case we can be 95% sure the problem is the color wheel.

You need to check your color wheel physically and take the part number from the cable connector. Use this replacement guide: http://guides.fixyourdlp.com/samsung/bp96-01579a.php.

I don't know about any dealers in the UK.

Hope this helps.
The best "Do It Yourself" site for all types of Displays!

xxxtglxxx
Contributor
Contributor

Post by xxxtglxxx » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:06 am

Wow, thank you NEhelp :)

That link is great! Step by step - who could ask for more! :D

We have sourced a colour wheel from Samsung UK (£109.99 + shipping!) but at least we can make sure its the right part ;)
It says next day delivery, so if we get it before friday, OH will probably tackle it on the weekend (I will be on cuppa T duty!) I will post back with results. :P

Again, thanks so much for a speedy reply, it is much appreciated.

Angel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Angel » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:54 pm

xxxtglxxx wrote:Wow, thank you NEhelp :)

That link is great! Step by step - who could ask for more! :D

We have sourced a colour wheel from Samsung UK (£109.99 + shipping!) but at least we can make sure its the right part ;)
It says next day delivery, so if we get it before friday, OH will probably tackle it on the weekend (I will be on cuppa T duty!) I will post back with results. :P

Again, thanks so much for a speedy reply, it is much appreciated.

You are very welcome, we'll be waiting for your results ;)
The best "Do It Yourself" site for all types of Displays!

xxxtglxxx
Contributor
Contributor

Post by xxxtglxxx » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:36 pm

Hi there :)

Well we got the part, but it was the wrong one :( £67 it cost, with no refund.

Anyway my OH swapped the housing so it would fit, but it still made the same noise, and didnt fix the problem.
Last weekend whilst waiting for the part he cleaned it all up, and it actually worked for about 2 hrs, then died completely. After that when it was switched on other than the clicking noise it was completely dead.

Any advice?

thanks for your time

Wimlok
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

nflkyolt

Post by Wimlok » Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:42 am

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”