uifejvjd

Moderator: Angel

thisisepic

TV suddenly stopped working - T5075S

Post by thisisepic » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:51 am

So I get home, turn the TV on and after about 20 minutes it goes blank with the three lights flashing. I've owned the TV for about three years with no problems what so ever so of course my first instinct was the bulb needs replaced.

I pulled the bulb out and it looks to be fine so I put it back in and went to turn on the TV, while the TV starts up the lamp light flashes on the front and the bulb itself looks like it is trying to come on it gets dim and makes a weird sound before going dark only to have the process repeated after 20 seconds or so and finally the TV flashes the three lights again.

Being new to this could the bulb still be bad or could it be the ballast since the bulb appears to flicker then go dark.

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Re: TV suddenly stopped working - T5075S

Post by ChubbsTech » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:15 pm

Hello thisisepic.
There is no way around it, your going to have to buy a new lamp, even if the lamp is not the cause of the problem, its not going to last very long, since the UHP lamps last from 4000+ to 6000+ hrs. That’s 2 – 3 years under normal usage. You also might want to clean the inside of your TV, to discard overheating. Buy the way, do you hear strange noises coming from the TV? Anything wrong with the picture when its turn on?
Good luck.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

Wimlok
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

uifejvjd

Post by Wimlok » Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:48 pm

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”