ymzrjjui

Moderator: Angel

JHubbardJr

50" Samsung DLP HL-P5067W WONT START!!

Post by JHubbardJr » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:35 am

My Tv wont start up. The start tone sounds and all three lights blink after a couple moments. The bulb has been replaced and it still does the same thing...ive been told it could be the color wheel but i dont want to buy one and have it be something else....any help....

Eddie

Re: 50" Samsung DLP HL-P5067W WONT START!!

Post by Eddie » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:03 am

What was it doing before it stopped working? What kind of lamp did you replace it with?

2 things it could be if not the lamp: ballast or color wheel.

Also did you try the lamp cover? Jiggle that blue switch before you close the door.

JHubbardJr wrote:My Tv wont start up. The start tone sounds and all three lights blink after a couple moments. The bulb has been replaced and it still does the same thing...ive been told it could be the color wheel but i dont want to buy one and have it be something else....any help....
--
Eddie

ovadoggvo
Master Technician
Master Technician

Re: 50" Samsung DLP HL-P5067W WONT START!!

Post by ovadoggvo » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:16 pm

JHubbardJr wrote:My Tv wont start up. The start tone sounds and all three lights blink after a couple moments. The bulb has been replaced and it still does the same thing...ive been told it could be the color wheel but i dont want to buy one and have it be something else....any help....
JHubbardJr,
I recommend opening your TV set to see if there is power going to the ballast. This is a quick check to see whether or not your power supply is sending voltage your your ballast. I have posted here: [urlhttp://fixyourdlp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=46][/url] instruction and pictures on how to do so.

2nd. i recommend checking your color wheel to see if it is spining freely or if you notice anything unusual about it. Instructions can be found at http://guides.fixyourdlp.com/samsung/bp96-01579a.php on how to open your Tv and check the color wheel.

Both of these tests and checks can be done to prevent you from spending unecessary money on parts you may not need to replace.

Let us know how it goes!

Wimlok
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

ymzrjjui

Post by Wimlok » Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:02 pm

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”